It was new in 1901 as one of twelve bought for the opening of the Mannofield route to electric traction. All were supplied as 52 seats, open top double deck, and were built by Brush of Loughborough.
By 1910, this car, along with all the others in this batch had been fitted with an open-ended top cover at the Corporation Tramway’s workshop at Dee Village. The seating capacity was increased at the same time to 56. A few years later the car was fitted with Pilcher patent folding windscreens and in this condition, it was typical of the city’s tramcar fleet until the early 1920s.
The Corporation upgraded its tramcar fleet throughout the 1920s and car 15 was withdrawn from service in 1929, being replaced by new 66 seat all enclosed cars, also supplied by Brush of Loughborough. 15 was bought for use as a weekend retreat, and minus all electrical and mechanical equipment was located on a roadside site by the Loch of Loirston south of the city.
As a symptom of the desperate shortage of owner-occupied housing after World War 2, the car body was rebuilt with a masonry block extension let into one side of the lower saloon. In this condition the car survived as a family dwelling until 201?? The new owner of the property has generously made the car available to the Trust.